Thursday 5 July 2012

Say yes to jelly...

The sun is finally out and these are the shoes that have been putting a smile on my face!





By now it has been impossible not to notice that jelly shoes are back, in a big way. In fact the styles in Urban Outfitters and Top Shop are so similar to the classics that I sported as a child in the eighties, it's actually quite unnerving!

Jelly shoes aren't for everyone. If you live in your heels then I can only imagine how they must offend you! But there's no denying that they are practical; the beach, water parks, any time that you are sick to death of flip-flops – these are your shoes.

So my babies from River Island are jelly shoes with a twist. They have all the practicalities of the originals but a little more class. (Yes, I just described plastic shoes as having 'class'... I think I've been out in the sun too long.)

I'm a sucker for animal print so I couldn't resist these, but they also come in fabulous shade of coral and a rather cute nautical style, so if animal print isn't your thing then these just might be.


They're only £15 and make my denim cut-offs a tad more girly, so they'll be the first thing I throw in my holiday suitcase. Ok, 'throw' is not the word; those of you who know me will be familiar with my slightly OCD packing style!

A little bit of retro is never a bad thing and summer fashion should be fun, so I'm giving these jellies a big thumbs up. There really is no need for practical holiday shoes to be ugly! Croc lovers beware, that was very much aimed at you.

www.riverisland.com
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Rock & Runway

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig