Friday 19 April 2013

Friday Fashion Fix – Obsessed with Orange


Today's Friday Fashion Fix is dedicated not to a person, or to an item, but to one of my favourite colours – orange. I like most shades of orange, particularly coral, but my favourite has to be bright orange. Not fluorescent orange, (this shade belongs to highlighter pens only), I mean Bright Orange – traffic cone orange!

www.net-a-porter.com
Reed Krakoff, £465

Granted it's not everyone's cup of tea, in fact I know people who dislike it on the basis that it reminds them of carrier bags from a certain supermarket. However there is so much more to orange than carrier bags, mobile phone networks, prisoner jumpsuits and interior design from the seventies.

The colour orange makes me smile. It is a happy colour. I wore an orange bridesmaid dress and shoes for my best friend's wedding and I loved it! It's not as challenging as many people think, shades of orange are far more wearable and suit more people than shades of yellow. 

A full on orange outfit can be a little much in most situations and I wouldn't recommend it to the slightly orange shy, but there is no reason whatsoever not to branch out and try an accessory or two. So here are a selection from my wish list that will brighten up any outfit, and most importantly, make you smile!!

www.tedbaker.com
£75


uk.nixon.com
£65

www.net-a-porter.com
McQ Alexander McQueen £340
This is my last post as Jen will soon return from her travels, something I for one am VERY excited about! Thank you very much for having me whilst she has been away – Sarah x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Rock & Runway

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig