Thursday 2 May 2013

Home Sweet Home...


I’ve been back in sunny (that’s not even sarcastic!) England for just over a week now and I am finally getting back into the swing of things. It’s amazing how that extra three hours of time difference on the west coast can affect you! Or at least that’s my explanation for why I’ve been sleeping in lately. There’s also the small matter of post-holiday blues to contend with – real life is always a tricky adjustment after 16 days of prioritising having fun above all else.

The view from Brooklyn Bridge

So first I want to say a HUGE thank you to the beautiful Sarah for taking over the blog while I was away, she did an amazing job. I read her Alice Cooper post in the Hard Rock Café in New York and her summary of our comical student escapades made me laugh out loud!

A big thank to the equally beautiful Kay too, for her beauty post – entertaining and informative, you can see why I rarely make a beauty purchase without asking her opinion these days. It proved a popular post with you guys too so hopefully I can persuade her to share some more in the future.

And as for our holiday... before normal blogging resumes, I would like to give a shout out to the following in no particular order, for making it such an amazing and unforgettable trip:

New York: The New York Knicks (Pablo Prigioni, I love you!), Maarit for showing us the ‘secret burger place’, the unexpected heat wave, Brooklyn for the best Mexican restaurant I’ve ever been to, Benito One in Little Italy, the epic beer selection at our 'local' Fast Eddies, my favourite Victoria’s Secret store in the world, Magnolia Bakery, the Pick A Bagel on 8th, the guy who rides his tricycle around Central Park blaring out Beat It, every sports bar that changed the channel especially for us, and the mystery bar near the Paul's Boutique corner that was too darn cool to have a name (or maybe we were too darn drunk to remember it...)

Los Angeles: Our good friend Skyler (and his good friends Amber and Claire), Loaded Bar for reminding me that tequila isn’t the devil, The Cheesecake Factory for never, ever disappointing, Santa Monica Pier, the Viper Room, the insane Indiana Jones ride at Disneyland, the 'additional water effects' on the Jurassic Park ride at Universal Studios (not!), every guy who rapped out loud on the subway, the phenomenal views from Griffith Park, Senses Fail, Blake Griffin, Megatron, Dropkick Murphys and the awesome shops on Melrose.

And last but not least thank you to James, for being my partner in crime for what can only be described as an epic adventure! Right, now that the thank yous are done, normal blogging will resume. I have a few gigs to review, lots of fashion discoveries to share and a new website in the works… so stay tuned!


I wasn't kidding about Prigioni...
The view from Griffith Park
Santa Monica beach
The best cheesecake on earth!

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Rock & Runway

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig