Tuesday 25 March 2014

Gwen Stefani for OPI – a match made in nail polish heaven

The idea for a collaboration between nail gurus OPI and the beautiful Gwen Stefani occurred to Suzi Weiss Fischmann (OPI Co-Founder & Executive VP) after a visit to the Punk: Chaos to Couture exhibition at the Met in New York that I wrote about last June. She wanted to create a collection of shades that celebrated music's influence on fashion, and who embodies the two better than a trend-setting musician and fashion icon/designer like Gwen?!


I was always going to be excited about this collaboration. I'm an incurable nail varnish addict (I tried to go cold turkey last year and only managed two days with bare nails before caving and reaching for the bottle...) and Gwen Stefani has been a beauty crush of mine since the nineties. I'm also a big fan of OPI nail polish as it is incredibly opaque and long wearing – I can't be doing with wishy-washy shades that require three coats!

OPI's Gwen Stefani collection comprises seven new shades, including several of my favourite nail colours – black, red and hot pink – as well as a few metallics. It's been a while since I've gone down that route but it might be time to take a break from the old favourites and try them again. A couple even have a rather beautiful matte finish.


Left to right: Love. Angel. Music. Baby; 4 In The Morning; In True Stefani Fashion; Hey Baby; I Sing In Color; Over & Over A-Gwen; Push and Shove.
They retail at around £11 each (apart from Over & Over A-Gwen, which is a little more expensive as it comes complete with studs and crystals for those with the patience for nail art) but having been available for a little while now it's possible to pick up a bargain. I've found them reduced to £7.75 over on Nail Polish Direct.

I'm going to leave you with a little reminder (as if we really need one) of why we all love Ms Stefani so darn much. And why I love No Doubt. And Clueless.



www.opi.com/gwen
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Rock & Runway

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig